Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away! Do you know what you’re giving to your Mom? The woman who has devoted so much selfless time, energy and love to you all of these years? (Can you tell that I’m a mom?) To help, here’s some eco-friendly Mother’s Day gifts for that wonderful woman in your life:
8 Eco-Friendly Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
1. A trip to a day spa that uses organic products. Better yet, book a Mother-Daughter day and you both win! Organic Spa magazine has compiled a list of the Top Ten Natural & Organic Facials. If your city isn’t listed, Google “Organic Day Spas” and your location for a spa near you.
2. No spas in your area? Wrap up some organic beauty products, and your mom can treat herself day after day. I just discovered the Sevani Botanica line, and they’re 100% free of synthetic ingredients and chemical preservatives, vegan, gluten-free, certified cruelty free, chemical free, and a portion of their proceeds are donated to animal welfare. I’ve been using the Hyaluronic Wrinkle Defense for a few weeks, and my skin is smoother and feels more exfoliated without any irritation.
3. Is your Mom an avid gardener? Does she truly love being out in her garden? (If she doesn’t you might want to skip this one. You don’t want her to feel like you’re giving her work to do!) Pick up a beautiful planter at a local nursery or consignment shop and fill it with supplies like Safer Brand insecticidal soap and weed killer, bamboo gardening gloves, and a new set of Made in the USA stainless steel gardening tools.
4 & 5. Is your Mom a techy? Can’t drag her away from her Kindle or IPad? Check out these beautiful and handmade covers available on Etsy.com. The traveling-inspired Kindle cover from The2SistersShoppe is only $36.
This bright pink damask IPad cover from Kimoley Bags is also $36.
6. As the mother of a teenage son soon to get his driver’s license, I may need one of these — a worry locket! These beautiful lockets combining sea glass and silver are available from Ghost Ship.
7. Another beautiful necklace made from recycled sterling silver and personalized with an initial and birthstone charm from Martini Jewels in Portland Maine.
8. Boozy Baubles Glass Arts creates jewelry from recycled wine, beer, and liquor bottles! These gorgeous blue earrings are from an old gin bottle.